Inflammation of the prostate gland that is prostate, regardless of the cause of the disease usually becomes chronic. In order to effective treatment of chronic prostatitis has been achieved, it is necessary to know the reasons why it appears.
Good health, dear readers. When Alexander Booroos — expert men's club "Viva man", and we continue to understand the problem of chronic prostatitis, its causes, symptoms and treatment options.
In this article we will try to find out what is still better to cure this terrible affliction, what options are there at our disposal. Let's start to disassemble the most modern and most effective methods of treatment of prostatitis in men.
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis called inflammation of the prostate gland. It can occur as a result of weakening of immunity, the ingestion of the infection, hypothermia, stress, sedentary lifestyle, active or, on the contrary, irregular sexual life.
Prostate or the prostate of the male reproductive system. It is based of the urethra. Prostate size can be compared to the size of a walnut. The main function of this body is to work out the secret responsible for the activity of sperm.
There are 4 types of the disease:
- Chronic bacterial.
- Chronic, is not associated with the development of bacteria.
- Chronic asymptomatic.
All other types of prostatitis have no pronounced symptoms, so diagnosing them is always difficult. The main symptoms of chronic types of the disease include:
- Lower abdominal pain (may radiate to the back).
- Discharge from the urethra (can be clear or purulent).
- Disorders of sexual function.
- Frequent urination.
Prostatitis may be asymptomatic and diagnosed only on the basis of test results. It can occur in men over the age of 25. After 35 years, the risk of developing it increases significantly, and a 45-year probability of diagnosis of prostatitis is 50%. Therefore, in adulthood it is necessary to undergo annual checkup at the urologist, which will help to detect the disease at an early stage and time to begin treatment.
Diagnosis of the disease
To determine the presence of prostatitis can only urologist. After the inspection, he may order additional testing:
- Physical examination – palpation of the prostate, during which it is possible to determine the condition and size of the gland.
- Transrectal ultrasound.
- Smear or prostate secretion white blood cells and bacteria.
- Clinical analysis of urine, which can be discovered a protein, leucocytes and bacteria.
- Analysis of the ejaculate.
- Cytological analysis of urine.
- Bacteriological analysis of urine.
- Analysis of the protein levels of PSA.
- Urodynamic study.
- Cytoscape. Assign it can only if there is evidence, in the case of injury or in preparation for surgery.
The reasons for the emergence and exacerbation of the disease
Inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system, the rectum because of the close contact with the prostate gland lead to the formation of the inflammatory focus in it. The vessels that supply the prostate are branches of the arteries of the bladder, rectum, back, sacral artery, the deep femoral artery. Any infectious lesion in these organs, can get into the gland.
The presence of chronic infection of any localization, for example, the paranasal sinuses, leads to a weakening of the immune system, and opportunistic microorganisms present on the skin, in the intestine, urethra, become pathogenic. This leads to the development of chronic process.
Violation of blood circulation of the prostate gland due to stagnation of blood on the background of reduced physical activity leads to deterioration of the arrival of drugs to the prostate and complicates the treatment of chronic prostatitis in men.
Strengthening of inflow of blood to the organs located in the pelvis, is not only low physical activity but also on a number of factors:
- irregular sexual life;
- interruption of sexual intercourse;
- Smoking, intake of alcohol;
- varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- abscess and proctitis;
- thrombophlebitis of the hemorrhoidal veins chronic hemorrhoids;
- fissures and fistulas of the anus;
- vascular tone is regulated by sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system in diseases which affect the inflow and outflow of blood from the body;
- trauma to the perineum from riders, cyclists, motorcyclists.
When urogenital infections, sexually transmitted diseases, the disease cannot always be cured completely — this is the cause of prostatitis chronic. The most common causative agents are:
- Escherichia coli;
These microorganisms are difficult to heal.
Hormonal activity after age 40 the man is gradually starting to fade. At first this is asymptomatic.
The decreased production of testosterone and over again leads to a slight stagnation of secretions of the prostate gland in its granules. Gradually the stagnation increases. The substances contained in the prostate secretion, not completely removed. Secretory, motor, barrier function of the secretion of the prostate begins to suffer.
Citric acid found in prostatic juice performs bactericidal function, liquefies it. In the stagnation of citric acid is not enough, begins to develop a bacterial infection. The level of citric acid in the prostatic juice is directly correlated with the amount of testosterone in the blood.
The clinical picture of the disease
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis in men:
- discomfort, suprapubic pain;
- the shooting pain intermittently in the rectum and the sacrum;
- frequent urination and soreness, especially after exposure to cold, stress;
- uncharacteristic of selection;
- violations of ejaculation, erection;
- premature ejaculation;
- excessive sweating;
- sleep disturbance;
- periodic fever is not more than 37,2-37,3 0 in the evening.
On what symptoms predominate: pain, violation of urination or sexual dysfunction depends the treatment of chronic prostatitis in men.
The basic components of treatment of the disease
It is necessary to allocate the basic directions of treatment:
- normalization of work and rest;
- balanced diet;
- avoiding harmful habits;
- physiotherapy, massage;
- folk remedies.
Effective treatment of prostatitis should be aimed at addressing the causes of prostatitis. Medications are selected individually by the doctor after performing the necessary diagnostic studies. Let's look at how to treat prostatitis if it is already became chronic. The main directions of drug therapy:
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- antispasmodics to improve the flow of urine;
- uroantiseptiki to eliminate infections of the urinary system;
- drugs that improve arterial and venous blood flow;
- medications that improve the flow, reduce the blood viscosity;
- sedatives, psychotherapeutic influence;
- correction of immune disorders;
- the treatment of metabolic diseases and hormonal dysfunction.
Curable whether chronic prostatitis will depend on well-chosen antibiotic therapy. It is important to note that the therapy and treatment of prostatitis will be most effective only if the correct definition of the type and stage of the disease.
Antibiotics are selected those which are well penetrate into the prostate effectively act on the pathogen. Some pathogens of chronic prostatitis, for example, Ureaplasma, are not sensitive to such strong drugs as:
- some cephalosporins;
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The effect of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is associated with the normalization of the permeability of the vascular wall, the restoration of microcirculation. They reduce the formation and prevent absorbed available the mediators of inflammation. It is necessary to remember about the ability of NSAIDs to form ulcers in the stomach and duodenum.
The most efficient way is to use rectal candles with NPCs, for example of indometacin.
Normalization of blood flow drugs
Normal blood flow is achieved with an adequate diameter of the arteries that bring blood veins involved in the outflow of blood depleted of oxygen. It is also necessary to reduce the viscosity of blood and to achieve a good yield in the capillary channel.
To achieve a good result in the treatment of chronic diseases of the prostate must be treated inflammatory diseases of the urethra, bladder and kidneys. With this purpose, drugs used:
Prostatitis inevitably reduces the potency, weakening of libido, erectile dysfunction. These phenomena are always accompanied by symptoms of dysphoria, low mood, mood swings. When these symptoms are assigned sedatives, anxiolytics, antidepressants.
It is known that phytotherapy is an alternative to using drugs for the treatment of many diseases. Is it possible to cure prostatitis with it? Very often to improve metabolic processes in the prostate, doctors recommend the use of medicinal herbs (licorice, nettle, peony, plantain, St. John's wort, etc.). All these plants contain a lot of selenium and zinc. However, they must be used only in the complex therapy. As a rule, decoctions of herbs used for baths.
Physiotherapeutic methods of influence
For effects on the prostate, the following methods of treatment of chronic process:
- a bath with hot water with a decoction of chamomile, lime, sage, thyme;
- warm enema
- prostatic massage through the rectum;
- microwave resonance therapy.
How much treated of chronic prostatitis depends on the severity of psychological distress and depressive symptoms. To accelerate treatment, in the absence of contraindications, it is necessary to add physiotherapeutic methods of influence.
Advice on nutrition
Standard recommendations for all chronic diseases in the form of a non-roasted, salted, peppered, smoked in this situation is inadequate. Effective treatment of prostatitis depends on sound, balanced nutrition. You need to add in food products such as celery, ginger, turmeric, abyproduct.
- silicon, which normalizes the formation of hormones in the body;
- b vitamins, remove toxins and regenerate the redox processes;
- chromium, germanium, selenium, zinc normalize the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems;
- vitamins C, And normalize the cell membrane permeability, antioxidant properties;
- essential amino acids, omega 3, that rejuvenate sexual function.
For apitherapy are used: honey, pollen, dead bees, Royal jelly, bees, bee pollen.
The popular treatment
Treatment of chronic prostatitis mandatory is complemented by medicinal herbs, which should take into account all of these mechanisms of disease development. Then the effect of treatment will be achieved in full.
Perhaps the use of the following medicinal herbs:
- nettle, sage, bearberry;
- peppermint, plantain, gryzhnik;
- rose hips, yarrow, wormwood;
- thyme, birch buds, Linden flowers;
- cottonweed marsh, chamomile, motherwort.
Cure chronic prostatitis depends on prolonged use of medicinal herbs according to the scheme in combination with anti-relapse courses of drug therapy.
Used decoctions, infusions for oral administration, for baths, for mikroklizm. Apply the tincture that is alcohol-containing medicines is not recommended. This is an obstacle to the successful treatment of chronic urogenital diseases.
All of these drugs give a good effect in the treatment of inflammatory prostatitis, stagnant, hormonal etiology.
What better to cure prostatitis will tell the urologist after examination of the patient. But like any other disease, prostatitis is easier to prevent than to get rid of the consequences of the disease. To do this:
- Lead an active lifestyle. Regular exercise prevent stagnation in the pelvic area and improve circulation. Good effect are: swimming, walking, dancing, fitness. Thus it is necessary to avoid power sports.
- To provide yourself the proper nutrition. It is necessary to limit the amount of fried, salty, fatty, spicy, pickled and smoked food. The basis of the diet should be fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products, cereals. It is important to follow the drinking regime.
- To avoid casual sex.
- Conduct regular sex life. For middle-aged men the norm is to have sex several times a week. This contributes to natural massage of the prostate, which significantly reduces the risk of propagation of various bacteria.
- It is important to avoid hypothermia.
- Annually must pass inspection at the urologist.
After 35 years every man is obliged to monitor their health, because in this period increases the risk of developing prostatitis. To prevent the occurrence of disease, it is important to perform simple preventive measures and regular medical examination, which will help to identify the pathology at an early stage, when it is easily treatable.