Running treatment of prostatitis – chronic and acute – is a complex event that requires the parallel use of a number of diverse drugs. Each case is individually generates the required list of drugs depending on the patient's history, course of the disease and a number of other important factors.
Types of drugs
Selection of cheap yet effective drugs from prostatitis is based on the understanding of the causes of the disease and its manifestations, however, the key aspects of any medication list should be considered antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. And, if the latter can be General in nature, the antibiotic therapy should be scheduled taking into account the counteraction of specific type of agent, identified in the analyses.
Additionally, therapies may be used such medicines against prostate, as various antipyretics, analgesics, diuretics, alpha-blockers, antispasmodics, antiandrogens and laxatives.
To classify drugs, not only for the purpose, but in form of issue:
- injections (shots): treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland with the help of injections is justified, first, in the case of severe patient's condition requiring immediate stabilization. As a rule, concentrated medication in the ampoule diluted to obtain a solution and then administered to the intramuscular or the intravenous infusion of r;
- suppository: medication in suppository form is relevant when carrying out planned therapy of chronic prostatitis or as drugs for the prevention of prostatitis. In some cases, suppositories are prescribed to increase potency, since the absorption of substances by the mucous membrane of the intestine provides the best penetration into the prostate tissue;
- tablets and capsules: these drug forms are the most common standard regimen for treating chronic or acute prostatitis. Tablets are easy to dose and convenient to take, so most of the antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and anti-edema (alpha-blockers or inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase) issued in this form;
- instillation: this is not so often used in prostatitis treatment method, the essence of which consists in injecting a medicinal solution into the urethra or bladder using a special syringe. The main purpose of the instillation – recovery of the damaged mucous membrane, destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and the suppression of inflammatory processes;
- microclysters: small cold enema reduce local swelling, inflammation and pain in the prostate gland, while simultaneously impair drug transport in tissue. In the final stages of therapy, and after recovery can be carried out courses mikroklizm with solutions based on vegetable preparations. At sufficiently long retention of fluid in the intestinal mucosa absorbs its nutrients;
- patches: skin patches, as microclysters, refer to the auxiliary measures in the treatment of prostate has on the body, rather, supporting effect, complementing full medical therapy.
When choosing a dosage form of the drug must also be considered, in addition to the state of the patient's own preferences. Some patients have problems with swallowing pills, while others rectal suppositories are contraindicated due to the presence of inflammatory diseases in the anorectal region. A significant role is also played by such factors as the availability and cost of drugs – do not always have the opportunity to pick up a fast and cheap cure for prostatitis, which has to take less efficient counterparts.
Selection of antibiotics requires a selective approach, as it is important to choose a medicine, overwhelming a specific type (or types) of pathogens inflammatory prostatitis. Why doctors studied smears taken from the urethra, urine samples and prostatic secretions.
It is desirable to use antibacterial antibiotics have both bacteriostatic and bactericidal effect, to the drug not only block the spread of infection, but to actively destroy harmful microorganisms.
Beta-lactam antibiotics, like aminoglycosides, preference is given to a lesser extent, although they are cheap. Unlike the fluoroquinolones and macrolides, characterized by their weak ability to penetrate the prostate gland tissue and create the desired concentration of the active substance. Fluoroquinolones are powerful bactericidal drugs, is markedly superior in this parameter, stopping the reproduction of microorganisms, drugs
This group of drugs is widely used not only for prostate, but also in case of BPH, and their effectiveness is based on blocking the alpha-adrenergic receptors to prevent their contact with the noradrenaline and agonists. As a result, the receptors in the blood vessels do not receive vasoconstrictor nerve signals, thereby achieving their expansion, with a consequent improvement of blood circulation..
It should be noted that in urology are actively using selective alpha1-antagonists acting on the receptors in tissues of the bladder, prostate and urinary tract.
Reducing swelling of the tissues not only improves the excretion of toxins and fluid wastes of the body, but also tones the entire urinary system men, helping to get rid of, among other things, impotence, and reducing the erection.
Prostatitis in men treated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs/NSAID) that meets the requirements of efficiency, but at the same time safe for the body. The purpose of these drugs is the suppression of inflammation, which has affected prostate and, possibly, seminal vesicles, bladder neck and distal urinary tract.
After the decline of clinical manifestations of inflammation of the prostate showed normalization of the patient's condition, including a decrease in body temperature, decrease swelling of the prostate gland, removing the obstruction of the urinary tract and suppression of pain in the genital area.
The use of hormonal drugs in the treatment of prostatitis should be allowed only if running a chronic course of the disease, which antibiotics, alpha-blockers and anti-inflammatory drugs are not able to normalize a disturbed hormonal balance.
Depending on the purpose, the patient can be assigned to as androgens that increase the level of male hormones (testosterone) in the blood and estrogens that inhibit the production of dihydrotestosterone, which causes tissue growth of the prostate.
All these drugs are dispensed strictly on prescription, and should be used only as directed by your healthcare doctor, as incorrect or improper dosage can have a detrimental effect on the health of the patient.
Complicated course of acute prostatitis is exacerbated by the development of immunosuppression, which may increase under the influence of a number of antibiotics and other drugs. For this reason, there is a need to strengthen the resistance (resistance) of the organism against the pathogenic microflora, which is carried out by using Immunostimulants.
Don't forget that the immune system also contribute vitamins a, C and E, so experts recommend to actively eat foods that contain these substances in large quantities.
Painkillers are usually needed in the early stages of therapy, when treatment has not yet managed functionally to improve the condition of the prostate which the patient experiences pain during urination, bowel movements, sitting too long on hard surfaces or physical activity.
As a rule, enough analgesics of moderate strength, taken as prescribed one to three times a day. These funds have a variety of structural analogues (generics), and they are made by many Russian and foreign companies, but doctors advised to give preference to domestic analgesics not to overpay for the brand.
From the class of muscle relaxants in urology decided to appoint antispasmodics – drugs that promote the relaxation of smooth muscles in a state of spasm. This therapy is effective in acute course of prostatitis that causes involuntary spasm of the muscles of the prostate and the entire pelvic floor.
Course application of antispasmodics is superfluous: it is enough to take them in moderate doses during the first days or weeks of total therapy. Also, it is impossible to abuse these drugs to avoid the risk of dysfunction of the respective organs and systems of the body.
Herbal medicines prescribed for prostatitis, are most often Badami, produced in the form of rectal suppositories, capsules or tablets. Popular extracts that form the basis of such preparations the bark of the African plum, the fruit of the creeping (or dwarf) trees. Is used less often, the extract of prostate gland of animals (cattle). There is also a group of medicines like homeopathic medicines for the treatment of inflammation of the prostate.
For prevention of prostatitis
Prevention of prostatitis requires, first and foremost, maintain a healthy lifestyle, including regular sexual activity. But for the maintenance of tone can be applied to a variety of drugs – as a rule, we are talking about dietary supplements of plant origin. As the manufacturers of these dietary Supplements stated their ability to help with the weakening of libido, impotence, erectile dysfunction, and other disorders in the work of the male urogenital system, be careful to take them as preventive remedies for prostatitis.