Chronic prostatitis is considered to be the long flowing inflammatory processes localized in the region of the prostate. Thus the man can feel only mild discomfort, so it doesn't always go to the doctor. Pathology has a code ICD 10 – N41.1.
Forms of prostatitis
Disease develops in case of improper treatment of the acute form, or in the absence of any therapy. You receive the pathology not only in elderly but also in young people, prompted by the decline in physical activity. The morphology and functionality of the body violated in this case. Chronic prostatitis treatment should begin in the presence of the first symptoms. Otherwise, the work glands will be broken forever. Therapy largely depends on what provoked the pathological process. Presented the disease can be divided into several groups:
- According to causal factors: infectious; viral; bacterial; caused by fungus, Mycoplasma; gonorrheal; mixed.
- By pathogenetic factors of chronic prostatitis is of the following types: hematogenous (infection in the prostate gland from pathological fire gets through the blood); infected by contact (through the walls of adjacent organs); nodal (penetration of the pathogen through the lymph).
The defeat of the prostate gland is congestive (congestive). It develops due to poor outflow prostatic secretions. The liquid stagnates, and inflammation. If the problem is triggered by the blockage of the ducts of the organ calculi (stones), in this case, we can talk about calculous type of pathology. Chronic prostatitis is bacterial and abacterial. In the first case there is a pathogen, the second form occurs due to mechanical damage to the gland or under the influence of other factors, among which there is no pathogens. It abacterial option is found in 80% of cases.
Causes and predisposing factors
Before how to treat chronic prostatitis in men, experts have to find out the cause of their appearance. Provoke pathology can state the following:
- genital infections: chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, herpes, gonococcus, the fungus;
- impaired microcirculation in the tissues and blood circulation in organs of small pelvis;
- urological pathology;
- the presence in the body of infectious foci;
- hemorrhoids and chronic constipation;
- injury to the genitalia or spinal cord;
- the weakening of the immune system;
- the tumor process;
- hormonal failure, violation of the functionality of the endocrine system;
- heart failure;
- transferred surgery, including the abdominal organs.
These causes of chronic prostatitis are the main. And there are other negative factors contributing to the development of the disease:
- often a General or local hypothermia;
- a sedentary way of life;
- long abstinence from sex life;
- often being in a stressful condition, mental and physical overload;
- the abuse of alcohol;
- errors in nutrition: eating oily food;
- prolonged use of drugs.
Only if the reason is to choose the right tactics of treatment of chronic prostatitis.
Symptoms of the disease
The chronic form of the disease is usually hidden. That is, the symptoms are weak, the man rarely pays attention to them and does not recognize the problem until it becomes more pronounced. He was ashamed and afraid to seek medical attention. However, the absence of treatment will lead to serious complications, so a visit to the doctor should not be postponed indefinitely. Manifestations depend on what stage of chronic prostatitis is observed in humans. It is possible to allocate such General signs of illness:
- Discomfort and pain, which may radiate to other parts of the body: feet, anus. Unpleasant sensations are present for more than 3 months.
- Problems with urination. They are caused by the fact that an enlarged prostate puts pressure on the urinary canal. The biological fluid may not come out completely. This leads to frequent visits to the toilet at night.
- A sexual dysfunction. Erection is irregular, and ejaculation premature. During sexual intercourse a man can feel pain.
- Irritability, short temper, anxiety.
Also, a man gets tired faster physically, it appears apathy that gradually develops into depression. Exacerbation of chronic process is characterized by such manifestations:
- of increased pain;
- burning in the urethra;
- the frequent urge to the toilet;
- excessive sweating, tremor;
- intense discomfort in the lower abdomen, rectum and perineum;
- a significant reduction in sexual activity;
- pain in the process of defecation.
From can manifest only 2-3 symptom of prostatitis, so the man is in no hurry to pass inspection. This chronic destruction process inside the tissues continues. Gradually changes in the prostate irreversible, and get rid of them completely will not happen.
To treat chronic prostatitis only after the differential diagnosis of the disease. Otherwise, the patient will be assigned to those drugs that are unable to harm him. In the survey used such methods:
- Microscopic analysis of the discharge from the urethra.
- The scraping of the mucous membrane and its study by polymerase chain reaction.
- Microscopic and bacterial analysis of prostatic secretion.
- Determination of the immune status.
- Transrectal ultrasound. The main echoprint chronic prostatitis – increase in body size and volume, its structural changes, the presence of pathological lesions. However, such a study is contraindicated in hemorrhoids, inflammation of the rectum, fissures in the anus.
- MRI. Has stratified the prostate. Only differential diagnosis can help professionals to understand the causes of the disease, as well as features of its development.
Treatment of pathology
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is not a fleeting process. Get rid of pathology would be long and complex. The scheme includes not only medication, but physiotherapy treatments, folk remedies. Many patients require the assistance of a psychologist. It is also useful to sanatorium-resort treatment in specialized institutions. To completely eliminate the disease not work if it is already crossed in running stage. Drug treatment will quickly remove the symptoms and eliminate the cause of the disease. Additionally, the patient is assigned drugs that stimulate metabolic processes. To increase the chances of recovery, in addition to the medications the person needs and proper nutrition. The diet calls for the elimination of fatty and spicy food, canned food, smoked meats, sweets and spices. It is better to limit the consumption of salt. Strictly forbidden alcohol and cigarettes.
In addition to medicines, a person need physical therapy. It reinforces the positive effect of the main circuit. This treatment have an effect not only on the affected tissue but also on blood circulation, metabolism. The main condition of successful therapy is the use of several techniques. The patient is usually appointed by such procedures:
- Electrophoresis. It stimulates the regenerative properties of the affected tissues, eliminates pain syndrome. By the procedure medications penetrate deeper, and blood flow aktiviziruyutsya.
- Laser therapy.
- Treatment with magnet.
- Microwave treatment. It produces a regenerative effect, improves metabolic processes. Restored nerve conduction.
- Ultrasound. He has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, helps to restore sexual function, relieves pain.
- Instillation into the urethra.
No less useful are the mud baths and the therapeutic enema. All these procedures are allowed to apply for both monotherapy and in combination with other means. Thanks to physiotherapy, it is possible to consolidate the positive effect. Popular is prostate massage. It eliminates stagnant processes and improves drainage of prostatic secretion, activates microcirculation. For bacterial form of disease, it is used more often. However, there are certain contraindications to the use of: cancer of the body, adenoma or other entity, the stones in the ducts, hemorrhoids or fissures in the anus.
If there is a chronic pathological process, it should be treated necessarily. Folk remedies will help to achieve sustained remission. But they should be used at an early stage of the disease. Effective such recipes:
- The leaves of Kalanchoe. Need of plants to squeeze out the juice and mix it with the same amount of water. It is necessary to drink 100-150 ml per day throughout the month.
- Tincture of bearberry. You will need dried herbs and vodka in the ratio 1:10. Infuse the mixture should be 14 days in the refrigerator. The medicine is taken twice a day 15 drops. Course of treatment lasts a month.
- Pear compote.
- Juice and parsley seeds. Ingredients can be added to food.
- Bee pollen. It is necessary to mix it with water in the proportions 1:3. To use is 1 Cup per day. Treated in this way will have 1 month.
- A mixture of honey and pumpkin seeds. All components are taken in equal quantity. From the resulting slurry should roll into balls. They are stored in the refrigerator. On the day the patient is required to eat 2-3 pieces. Course of treatment lasts 30 days.
- Rectal suppositories on the basis of propolis. Treatment they need at least a month.
With chronic prostatitis can be fought at home, but it completely cured the disease without medical intervention fails. In addition, such therapy will last more than one year.
Chronic prostatitis is not the end and not a sentence. It is important that the man understood that. But if the therapy is not quite right, or when conservative methods have proven ineffective, the patient will need surgery. There are several types of operations:
- Transuretralna endoscopic resection. It is done under anesthesia and is considered the safest option. Thanks to the procedure it is possible to reduce the pressure of the prostate on the urinary channel. The recovery period lasts no more than a week.
- Laser removal of diseased tissue. This operation is safe and is characterized by the absence of blood loss.
- Prostatectomy. It is partial or complete. The specialists try to preserve the erectile function of the man.
Intervention should be specific indications: persistent problems with urination, the risk of development of oncological process, a significant reduction in the quality of life of the patient.
If initiation of therapy was recent, then the consequences can not be avoided. Are such complications of chronic prostatitis:
- impotence or other erection problems;
- difficulty urinating;
- reduction in the formation of the ejaculate or complete absence;
- cystitis, kidney damage;
- the malignant process;
- the spread of the inflammatory process in the whole reproductive system;
- scarring of the tissues of the prostate, in which the affected areas are unable to perform the desired function.
Complications of chronic prostatitis is not always possible to eliminate, therefore it is better to prevent their occurrence.
Prognosis and prevention
The prognosis depends on what stage was the treatment and how effective it was. Prostatitis chronic curable, if the patient addressed in the early stages of its development. Otherwise the inflammatory process will exist for a long time and gradually degrade the quality of life of men. The army with such a diagnosis are not taken. The appearance of the pathology can be prevented. For this it is necessary to observe the following rules of prevention:
- Don't ignore sexual hygiene.
- Try not to change sexual partners frequently.
- Promptly treat any urogenital diseases.
- To normalize the power, the regularity of sexual activity.
- Exercise, move more.
- To avoid the development of constipation. In addition, emptying of the bladder must be timely.
- Eliminate overcooling and overheating of the genital organs.
- To avoid stressful situations, physical and mental overload.
Chronic prostatitis is a complicated disease that requires long-term therapy. The man will have to accept my diagnosis and come to terms with it. Only in this case he will be able to get rid of the problem.