Almost half of the male population of the planet suffers from prostate diseases for various reasons. These pathologies are dangerous by irreversible complications in the work of a number of body systems and require immediate medical intervention.
Doctors believe that a third of patients have an infectious disease. To suppress bacterial or viral pathologies, appropriate antibiotic treatment for prostatitis is prescribed. These drugs, their action and features of therapy are discussed in detail below.
Attention: The article is for informational purposes only and is not an instruction for action.
What does self-medication lead to?
Choosing the right medication correctly requires careful research and confirmation of the preliminary diagnosis. The goal of the doctors:
- find the most effective means, protecting the body from harmful influences;
- identify the nature of the pathogen, its reaction to certain medications;
- develop the correct treatment regimen;
- eliminate the potential threats that an antibiotic can provoke for prostatitis.
When choosing drugs on your own, you risk not only losing precious time, not getting the desired effect from the treatment, but also harming the whole body with drugs.
Benefits of Taking Antibiotics
Modern antibiotic agents allow:
- promptly stop inflammatory processes, destroy pathogenic bacteria and viruses;
- the body to produce substances that prevent the reproduction of viruses;
- use drugs externally, intramuscularly, intravenously, orally;
- affect a large list of bacteria at the same time.
Why there is no time to waste
Ignoring the first signs and self-medication is fraught with complications. The danger of the transition of inflammatory processes occurring in the prostate gland to a chronic form increases. In urological practice, doctors have to look for an effective antibiotic for chronic prostatitis in 7% of all visits.
In these cases, more effective antibacterial agents are used, increased doses, therapy regimens, and a different effect on the body occurs.
What antibiotics to treat prostatitis
Relatively new substances that appeared in the first half of the last century, depending on the nature of the action, chemical composition, are divided into five groups used in acute and chronic course of the disease.
- Penicillins. They block the production of substances from which the cell walls of bacteria are created, which leads to their death. They have somewhat lost their relevance due to the emergence of bacteria that are resistant to their action. Are taken in pill form.
- Broad-spectrum tetracyclines. If one remedy is ineffective, other types of group will also be useless. They actively destroy harmful flora, but are difficult to tolerate by patients.
- Macrolides. Least toxic drugs of natural origin. Their effectiveness has not been fully proven. They are used for infectious prostatitis, are easily tolerated.
- Cephalosporins with an effective principle of action against bacteria. They can cause allergic reactions, irritate the mucous membranes, there are restrictions on the appointment. Applied intramuscularly.
- Fluoroquinolones. Broad-spectrum antibiotics for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. They quickly enter the bloodstream, sometimes cause disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, a number of body systems, and allergies.
Antibiotic treatment for prostatitis
Based on the diagnostic data, the type of bacteria that cause the disease in humans is determined. Determining the sensitivity of pathogenic organisms, the urologist chooses the best medicines, depending on the stage of the disease. Prescribes a set of procedures and draws up a treatment regimen, often including:
- taking funds to destroy pathogens, reduce stagnant processes, improve blood circulation;
- the use of anti-inflammatory drugs that reduce the swelling of the glands;
- consumption of vitamins, trace elements, sedatives, immunomodulators and herbs;
- massage treatments;
- physical education.
From the diagram, patients will learn what antibiotics are prescribed for prostatitis in acute or chronic form, how the treatment is carried out.
Provides therapy in a hospital, or under the supervision of a doctor at home. Medicines of a wide spectrum of action are used, a combination of drugs is possible. The results of medical efforts are noticeable almost immediately. However, the course often involves therapy for a month.
Strict adherence to dosages, schemes and recommendations of the urologist helps to cure well the disease of this stage in men forever.
The disease at this stage is characterized by a sluggish course with periodic exacerbations. Predicting a complete cure is more difficult. Therefore, more effective agents are prescribed than antibiotics for inflammation of the prostate. Wherein:
- the nature and level of sensitivity of pathogenic flora is taken into account;
- preference is given to groups of cephalosporins, macrolides;
- therapy is carried out in several stages, courses of at least one month. Intermittently for at least a month;
- in order to avoid the emergence of tolerance in the body, various medications are introduced into the courses, their combination;
- drug therapy is complemented by physiotherapy.
Effective antibiotics for prostatitis
The list of antibiotics used in treatment is very long. Some of the names show good therapeutic efficacy and are the most commonly used. It is difficult to unequivocally name the most effective antibiotic for prostatitis. The choice of a remedy depends on the degree of development of the disease and its stage.
Recommendations of urologists for taking medications
During diagnosis and treatment, it is important to know what antibiotics to drink for prostatitis in each case and strictly follow the doctor's instructions for taking them.
To overcome this dangerous ailment, you must:
- accept exclusively prescribed funds. Replacing them is not permissible;
- tell your doctor about any additional medications you take during treatment. This will save you from side effects;
- observe the time, dosage regimen, dosage, number of times a day;
- pay attention when pills are taken - before or after meals;
- do not skip recommended tricks. Do not take more pills if you miss the time. This will not fix the problem, it will only make it worse;
- if noticeable symptoms have disappeared, the prescribed course cannot be interrupted. To destroy pathogenic bacteria or viruses, the treatment program must be completed in full.
During therapy, it is recommended to follow a diet, quit smoking, alcohol. As an addition to the course, you can include probiotics, having previously agreed on their list with your doctor.
Side effects and contraindications
Given the severe tolerance of a large number of drugs from the list of antibiotics, urologists additionally prescribe formulations that restore the microflora in the stomach and intestines. During the period of therapy, patients experience the following side reactions:
- disturbances in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic rashes;
- nausea, general worsening of the condition;
- signs of intoxication (fever, pain, diarrhea).
These medicines are contraindicated for children and people who have been diagnosed with various types of allergies, kidney and liver diseases.
Antibiotics are only prescribed for infectious prostatitis caused by pathogenic bacteria or viruses. To know exactly what antibiotics to take for prostatitis, you must definitely consult a urologist. Strict adherence to his recommendations will help to recover from the disease without relapse in the future.