Today prostatitis is called the most common disease with which about 35-40% of men treated for prostate cancer. It arises as a result of inflammation of the prostate gland, which lead both external and internal factors. Patients are primarily interested in, is treated, whether prostatitis and what you can do to prevent complications of this disease?
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis called inflammation of the prostate gland. It can occur as a result of weakening of immunity, the ingestion of the infection, hypothermia, stress, sedentary lifestyle, active or, on the contrary, irregular sexual life.
Prostate or the prostate of the male reproductive system. It is based of the urethra. Prostate size can be compared to the size of a walnut. The main function of this body is to work out the secret responsible for the activity of sperm.
There are 4 types of the disease:
- Chronic bacterial.
- Chronic, is not associated with the development of bacteria.
- Chronic asymptomatic.
The latter type is diagnosed less often and is characterized by acute course. The patient temperature rises in the pelvis there are severe pain, ejaculation becomes painful in the urine there is blood. When a patient needs urgent treatment, which mostly takes place in a hospital.
All other types of prostatitis have no pronounced symptoms, so diagnosing them is always difficult. The main symptoms of chronic types of the disease include:
- Lower abdominal pain (may radiate to the back).
- Discharge from the urethra (can be clear or purulent).
- Disorders of sexual function.
- Frequent urination.
Prostatitis may be asymptomatic and diagnosed only on the basis of test results. It can occur in men over the age of 25. After 35 years, the risk of developing it increases significantly, and a 45-year probability of diagnosis of prostatitis is 50%. Therefore, in adulthood it is necessary to undergo annual checkup at the urologist, which will help to detect the disease at an early stage and time to begin treatment.
Diagnosis of the disease
To determine the presence of prostatitis can only urologist. After the inspection, he may order additional testing:
- Physical examination – palpation of the prostate, during which it is possible to determine the condition and size of the gland.
- Transrectal ultrasound.
- Smear or prostate secretion white blood cells and bacteria.
- Clinical analysis of urine, which can be discovered a protein, leucocytes and bacteria.
- Analysis of the ejaculate.
We wrote a detailed article telling how the delivery of the analysis of the ejaculate (semen) and how to prepare for the procedure.
- Cytological analysis of urine.
- Bacteriological analysis of urine.
- Analysis of the protein levels of PSA.
- Urodynamic study.
- The cystoscopy. Assign it can only if there is evidence, in the case of injury or in preparation for surgery.
Treatment of prostatitis
Allocate conservative and surgical methods of treatment of prostatitis. Conservative include:
- The use of drugs.
- Massage of the prostate gland.
- Special exercises.
- The Spa treatment.
To surgery is resorted to when the disease moved into running shape, and the tissue of the prostate so healed that they are unable to perform their basic functions.
The mainstay of treatment of prostatitis is medications and physical therapy, including its latest techniques. To achieve maximum effect, it is recommended to use several methods of therapy in the complex.
How to cure prostatitis at any stage of its development can only tell the doctor after the necessary tests and research. In the treatment of prostatitis always medication is used:
- Antibacterial drugs. Their purpose is due to the fact that in most cases, the cause of the disease is the development of bacterial microflora.
- Blockers alpha-adrenergic receptors – a group of drugs used to relax the muscles of the organs in direct contact with the prostate (urethra, bladder). Methods of their application is considered new, however it has managed to prove its effectiveness.
- Non-steroidal drugs. Medications can control pain and reduce inflammation. Must be taken concurrently with antimicrobials.
- Medicines, is able to eliminate congestion in the tissues of the prostate.
- To improve the microcirculation help suppositories with anaesthetic.
- To restore the permeability of capillaries help.
- When prostatitis can be prescribed hormones.
For treatment of prostatitis in men widely used physiotherapy. In the direction of the attending physician, the patient can visit:
- Magnetotherapy. The procedure is aimed at improving cell nutrition prostate, removal of decay products of cells and the stimulation of local immunity. Thanks to magnetic therapy, the inflamed areas faster delivery of antibiotics, improves blood circulation.
- Microwave therapy promotes expansion of the capillaries and improve nutrition of tissues of the prostate.
- Stimulation of low frequency current through the electrode placed in the cavity of the urethra. As a result of the gland appears stagnant secret.
- Laser therapy helps reduce blood viscosity, dissolution of small blood clots.
- Vacuum therapy is used simultaneously with laser therapy. The result of the procedure improves blood flow to the body.
- For treatment of prostatitis in men used ozone therapy. During the procedure, the urethra, the injected fluid with a high content of ozone.
The scheme of treatment of prostatitis is chosen strictly individually for each patient.
Not so long ago in the list of procedures that can treat prostatitis were made massage of the prostate. It is used to relieve stagnation in the body, and the excretion of metabolic products from the blood and lymph. Use massage after the elimination of the acute process and the fight against pathogenic bacteria.
For it is using a finger inserted into the rectum. To massage needs the doctor. Alternatively can be used a special massage with vibration, which combines vibration with laser irradiation and the creation of a magnetic field. This procedure is used to improve the nutrients to the body and its drainage ducts.
It is known that phytotherapy is an alternative to using drugs for the treatment of many diseases. Is it possible to cure prostatitis with it? Very often to improve metabolic processes in the prostate, doctors recommend the use of medicinal herbs (licorice, nettle, peony, plantain, St. John's wort, etc.). All these plants contain a lot of selenium and zinc. However, they must be used only in the complex therapy. As a rule, decoctions of herbs used for baths.
We have prepared for you a separate article about the treatment of prostatitis folk remedies.
Introduction stem cells
A disease which had become chronic, can be treated by introducing into tissue of organ stem cells. Thus, it is possible to replace damaged cells with healthy cells.
Oriental medicine has been successfully using this technique for many centuries to treat all kinds of diseases. To carry out this procedure can only specially-trained doctors. After exposure to specific points of the body, increases blood flow to the prostate gland.
Excellent results were obtained at treatment of prostatitis, with the help of leeches, which secrete special substances that:
- The blood thinners.
- The removal of edema.
- Restoration of blood microcirculation.
For the treatment of leeches are put in the anus. Treatment of prostatitis this method consists of 5 sessions, the break between procedures should be 3-4 days.
At the initial stage of prostatitis is curable. For this purpose, drugs, physiotherapy, etc. However, if the disease progresses over a long period of time, resort to surgery:
- Resection of the prostate. In this part of the prostate to be removed.
- Prostatectomy. The so-called process of complete removal of the prostate.
- The drainage of the abscess. While the gland is removed pus.
What better to cure prostatitis will tell the urologist after examination of the patient. But like any other disease, prostatitis is easier to prevent than to get rid of the consequences of the disease. To do this:
- Lead an active lifestyle. Regular exercise prevent stagnation in the pelvic area and improve circulation. Good effect are: swimming, walking, dancing, fitness. Thus it is necessary to avoid power sports.
- To provide yourself the proper nutrition. It is necessary to limit the amount of fried, salty, fatty, spicy, pickled and smoked food. The basis of the diet should be fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products, cereals. It is important to follow the drinking regime.