For diagnoses of adenoma and prostatitis, complex treatment is indicated. A man's therapy regimen includes drugs of different compositions and forms of release. The treatment course is recommended after a complete examination. Acute and chronic inflammation is treated with a variety of medications. The list of remedies is selected taking into account the symptoms shown. Any medication for prostatitis in men should be taken as directed by a urologist.
Signs and risk factors for prostate inflammation
Inflammatory process in the prostate gland is often diagnosed in young people and older men.
Treatment is carried out after determining the cause that provoked the disease. Most often, the pathology is caused by a bacterial infection. Drug therapy helps to achieve remission by relieving acute pain. Doctors advise taking medications from the moment the first signs of illness appear, such as:
- impaired urination;
- weakened immune system;
- pulling, shooting pain in the groin, pubis, perineum.
Taking into account the type and etiology, prostatitis can cause a burning sensation during intercourse, pain during bowel movements, the release of white secretions, and an increase in body temperature. Therapy is carried out after compiling a list of prostatitis pills. Their action is aimed at suppressing the symptoms manifested. An individual list of medicines is selected for each patient.
Self-administration or lack of therapy can lead to serious complications, including infertility, impotence, inflammation in other systems, dysfunction of the genitourinary organs, cancer.
Medicine to fight prostatitis
Drugs for prostatitis in men are prescribed taking into account the age, stage and form of the disease. For the treatment of the prostate in modern medicine, tablets, capsules, injections, suppositories, ointments, gels, oils are used.
If the disease is detected in the early stages, therapy is carried out at home. To get rid of complications of prostatitis, a man is treated in a hospital.
Forms of release of drugs that eliminate the disease:
- Tablets and capsules. In pharmaceuticals, these forms differ in structure. The tablets have a dense consistency, and the capsules have a gelatinous shell with the drug inside. The considered products should be drunk before meals, during or after meals.
- Injection solutions. The liquid form of the drug is administered intravenously or intramuscularly. An improvement in the condition is observed quickly, since the active components of the drug are delivered to the inflammation focus.
- Suppositories. An effective method of eliminating the disease. Plus rectal therapy consists in the simultaneous antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects on the body. Suppositories are injected into the rectum. It is preliminarily recommended that the patient lie on his side. The therapeutic course lasts 10 days.
- Instillations. The drug is administered through the urethra with a catheter. Treatment is carried out only in a hospital with the help of medical staff.
- Microclysters. The basis of drugs of this form is herbal decoctions, which have an anti-inflammatory effect. Microclysters are included in the scheme of a comprehensive fight against inflammation. They are also used to prevent prostatitis.
Drug groups and their representatives
Taking into account the manifested symptoms, neglect of inflammation and other factors, the urologist prescribes a treatment course. In order to choose effective remedies, the patient is advised to undergo laboratory tests. Based on the results obtained, the type of pathogen is determined. Examining the blood, specific antibodies to the microorganism are detected. The duration of therapy depends on the form and neglect of the disease. With individual intolerance to some components, an allergy develops, which requires an urgent replacement of the drug with its analogue.
List of pharmacological groups of medicines for eliminating prostatitis:
- alpha blockers;
The action of antibiotics is aimed at eliminating the causative agent of the disease. Medications of this group are indicated for reception if the prostate becomes inflamed due to a bacterial infection. More often men are prescribed drugs of the following classes:
In order to relax the smooth muscle tissue of the gland, facilitate the outflow of urine, eliminate the congestion, the patient is prescribed alpha-blockers. They suppress the activity of neurons that provoke uncontrolled contraction of the muscles of the internal organs.
It is recommended to treat prostatitis in men with NSAID pills. At the same time, such funds have an antispasmodic effect. They quickly stop signs of inflammation, lowering the muscle tone of the organ and perineum.
With an exacerbation of the process, the patient is treated with hormonal agents. They reduce swelling by normalizing urine output. You can be treated for prostatitis with herbal remedies. They boost immune defenses by reducing inflammation, swelling, pain and discomfort.
Antibiotics, pain relievers and alpha-blockers
If the pathology is provoked by bacteria, you can cure a man with broad-spectrum antibiotics. They destroy several types of pathogens, preventing inflammation from spreading to other organs.
Urologists advise using suppositories, as they quickly relieve pain, eliminating other symptoms of the inflammatory process in the gland. Systemic exposure is typical for injection solutions. Against the background of their use, immunity increases, male strength is restored.
If the lower abdomen hurts badly, pain relievers are indicated. There are drugs with varying degrees of effect, depending on the name of the active ingredient.
To improve urine flow by relaxing the muscles of the urethra and bladder, a man is prescribed alpha-blockers. Medicines of this group are taken in a long course. Their action is not aimed at combating prostatitis, but at eliminating the clinical picture of the inflammatory process. The disease may be accompanied by stagnation of blood in the small pelvis and legs. To normalize the work of the circulatory system, the patient is prescribed venotonic drugs.
Phytopreparations, non-steroidal and other drugs
Healing herbs increase weak immunity, preventing stagnation and the development of inflammation in the human body. Herbal remedies from pumpkin seeds, sabal and palm fruits are often included in the complex treatment of prostatitis.
To eliminate flushing, pain and edema, steroid and non-steroidal medicines are used. If NSAIDs are ineffective, hormones are prescribed to the patient. Since steroids suppress immune function, they are not prescribed for HIV.
NSAIDs are safe drugs with a minimum list of adverse reactions.
When taking NSAIDs, it is recommended to follow the advice of doctors. If prostatitis is acute, NSAIDs are drunk for up to 7 days. Therapy is carried out with caution to patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
On the Internet, you can buy Chinese drugs for inflammation. Their price depends on the composition and manufacturer. They not only help prevent prostatitis, but also increase potency.
Effective Chinese remedies include:
- A medicine based on the testicle and penis of a bull, deer antlers, lemongrass.
- A good erectile drug that normalizes the functionality of blood vessels. It is indicated for admission if a flabby prostate gland is felt. Its effect is observed for 72 hours.
Effective foreign medicines include a drug produced by Indonesia. Must be taken after reading the instructions and as recommended by doctors. The drug not only prevents prostatitis, but also urolithiasis.
There is also an Indian drug indicated for use in the chronic course of inflammation. This is the right remedy for complications after prostate surgery.
To improve the quality of life of a man suffering from inflammation in the gland, taking a drug based on herbs growing in the Himalayas is shown.
Properties of the drug:
Vitamin complexes and dietary supplements
To strengthen the immune system, it is recommended to drink vitamins. If taken at an early stage of the manifestation of a cold, the development of urethritis, prostatitis and other complications can be prevented. An inexpensive way to fight inflammation is to take dietary supplements that have few side effects and contraindications.
BAA based on pubescent uncaria, similar to a clawed cat's paw, is recommended for use in the following cases:
- with frequent trips to the toilet;
- when the prostate hurts.
The unique origin allows the plant to be used to relieve swelling and inflammation. A folk remedy quickly normalizes libido.
A supplement with zinc increases immunity by neutralizing the causative agent of prostatitis. It is often included in the treatment of the inflammatory process.
Urologists refer to homeopathy as modern methods of eliminating the disease. Therapy consists in the use of small doses of those drugs that, in large doses, provoke symptoms of the disease in a healthy person.
Homeopathy is not prescribed at the same time as massage of the gland and other methods of physiotherapy.
At home, you can prepare decoctions for prostatitis, infusions, ointments and gels. These products are not sold in stores and pharmacies. For their preparation, medicinal plants are used, including St. John's wort, tansy, string, celandine, ginger, pollen. Natural remedies include pumpkin seeds, honey, chicory, laundry soap, hop cones.
Effective folk remedies for prostatitis:
- Black elderberry. Juice is prepared from it, which is recommended to drink in the morning for 1 tbsp. l. The treatment lasts 10 days. An adverse reaction is an increase in body temperature, which is associated with the patient's recovery.
- Pumpkin seed powder. The raw materials are preliminarily ground in a blender. The resulting flour is taken several times a day. The doctor must present the therapy regimen to each patient individually. If the result of the treatment is poor, you must inform the urologist.
- Propolis-based tincture. The remedy is taken at the rate of 100 g of water for 40 drops of the medicine.
- Bee pollen. To reduce tension in the perineum, improve blood circulation in the gland, normalizing general sexual activity, it is recommended to eat 2 tsp. product three times a day. To prevent recurrence, pollen is used constantly.
- Hazel tincture. At 1 st. l. leaves you need a glass of boiling water. After 30 minutes, the composition is filtered, taking ¼ glasses 4 times a day. The therapy lasts up to 1 week. It is recommended to brew the hazel bark for longer than the specified time, due to its high degree of hardness. The medicine is prepared only from fresh ingredients.
- Parsley tincture. Leaves, seeds and green roots are used as raw materials. At 1 st. l. plants will need 100 g of boiling water. After 24 hours, the drink is filtered and drunk.
In combination with folk remedies, you can use compresses with anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs. A local anesthetic heals septic wounds by relieving lower back and joint pain. Also, an ointment with a warming effect is used, the manufacturer of which is Vietnam.
In modern urology, special devices are used to combat prostatitis:
- Works like a vibrating massager;
- Functioning thanks to variable vacuum;
- Acts on the gland with heat, magnetic field and vibration.
Medication for inflammation is recommended to be taken after a comprehensive diagnosis and as prescribed by a doctor. The list of drugs is selected taking into account the clinical manifestations and the condition of the man. Most patients do not believe in the effectiveness of dietary supplements. With a prolonged and chronic process, supplements are ineffective.
If prostatitis proceeds with complications, complex therapy is indicated. It includes folk and medication, physiotherapy techniques. When a cancerous inoperable tumor is detected, the prognosis is negative.